Standard Procedure for Complaints Handling
For the sale or letting or surveys of Residential and Commercial Property
If you have a complaint, then this document sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint:
1. A person has been appointed in the office to deal with complaints, and you should not hesitate to contact the relevant person. Details are set out below:
W.A. BARNES LLP
Nigel J.B. Carnall
W A Barnes LLP
Sutton in Ashfield, Notts.
Tel: 01623 554084/553929
LITTLEWOOD & COMPANY
Stephen J. Littlewood
Littlewood & Co.
Hucknall Business Centre
Tel: 01159 483555
2. Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
4. Within 21 days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
5. If you are dissatisfied or if the complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction, then you should refer your residential complaint to:
The Property Ombudsman.
The Property Ombudsman Ltd,
43-55 Milford Street,
Tel: 01722 333306, Online: download and complete this form and send to: email@example.com.
6. If you are dissatisfied or if the complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction, then you should refer your commercial complaint to:
RICS Dispute Resolution.
RICS Dispute Resolution Service,
Tel: 020 7334 3806, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.