Below is a brief guide which will we hope deal with enquiries you may have about buying a property at auction.
Prior to the sale
If you are interested in a particular property, please contact our office to make arrangements to see it. We will do our best to arrange an individual viewing to suit your requirements.
Buying at auction is a contractual commitment, take advice before proceeding.
A 10% deposit is due on the fall of the hammer. This can be paid either by Cheque, Bankers Draft or by Card. Please note that if a credit card is used then a 2% surcharge will apply. Unfortunately, due to the money laundering regulations, we are unable to accept payment of the deposit by cash.
You are strongly advised to check the property has not been sold prior to auction (some sellers may accept an offer prior to the sale date).
On the day of the sale
Arrive in plenty of time to check if there are any late amendments. Read through the legal package. Further information on each of the lots included on this web-site can be obtained from W.A. Barnes, Portland Square, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts. Tel: 01623 554084 / 553929.
Arranged with pleasure via the sole auctioneers: W.A. Barnes, Portland Square, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts. Tel: 01623 554084 / 553929.
Contracts and conditions of sale
Contracts and conditions of sale will be available for inspection at the auctioneers offices and those of the solicitors seven days prior to the auction and the purchaser is deemed to buy with full knowledge thereof whether they have inspected the same or not. Legal packs can normally be viewed free of charge on-line. Please click the link "Legal Document On-Line Service", which is on the left hand side of our Home Page.
Thomas H M Smith BSc (Hons) F.R.I.C.S. of W.A. Barnes, Portland Square, Sutton-in-Ashfield.
The name and address of the solicitor representing the vendor on each of the lots offered can be obtained from Auctioneers.
Method of sale
The various lots contained within this web-site will be sold by public auction unless sold previously by private treaty. Interested parties are strongly recommended to telephone the auctioneers on the day of the auction to check the availability of any particular lot. Solicitors will be available approximately 30 minutes before commencement of the sale in order to deal with any enquiries relating to the various lots. Please note that no queries nor questions regarding either the contracts or the properties will be accepted once the auction is underway.
Planning consents/plans/rental agreements etc
Copies of planning consents, plans, rental agreements where available maybe inspected by the prospective purchaser at our Sutton in Ashfield office, Portland Square, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts.
At the discretion of the auctioneers, commissioned bids may be placed on the lots contained on this web-site by interested parties who are unable to attend the sale. For further information contact the auctioneers.
- Where a guide price (or range of prices) is given, that guide is the minimum price at which, or range of prices within which, the seller might be prepared to sell on the date on which the guide price, or range of prices, is published.
- The reserve price is the minimum price at which the property can be sold.
- Both the guide price and the reserve price may be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
- All guide prices are quoted “subject to contract”.
- The latest published guide price, or range of prices, are displayed on our website.
- The latest published guide, or range of prices, will normally be at or above any reserve price.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that these guides are not misleading, it is possible that the reserve price set for any lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price - as the seller may fix the final reserve price just before bidding commences.
- If a guide price is listed as “TBA”, it means that there is no guide price at present - please do not call our office. The guide price, or range of prices, will be published online immediately it becomes available. Please check regularly for updates.
- Lots may be sold or withdrawn prior to auction.